This is an excellent review tool for students who have participated in “¿Qué pasa pequeños?” or “¿Qué pasa – 1?” course during the school year. It is also a great beginning curriculum for students of all ages who have never studied Spanish before.
Students meet for four hours per day for 5 consecutive days.
- Greetings, common phrases, introductions
- Colors, numbers
- Days of the week
- Market place and food
- Cultural units are based on Mexican culture and customs.
- Students learn a variety of games and songs. They play different sports, cook, and do art projects.
All these activities are fully described in the teacher’s guide. Every student need a folder with all handouts and vocabulary list used at camp. Additional craft materials, videos and CDs can be purchased through Discovery Language Programs for an extra charge.
Spanish Camp 2 – 2 Week Curriculum
Same as the Spanish 1 – 1 week with lessons divided into shorter segments. Students meet for a total of 10 days for two hours at a time.
SPANISH CAMP 3 – 1 Week Curriculum
This camp is designed for students who have either taken Sunshine Language Camp 1 or are familiar with “¿Qué pasa – 1?” program. It is a good review for students who have taken “¿Qué pasa – 2?” program during the school year.
- Names, greetings and introductions
- Numbers up to 100, counting, adding, multiplying etc in the target language.
- Review of colors and introduction of different shapes.
- Sports and leisure activities
- Seasons, months and weather
- Dates, birthdays and zodiac signs
- Cultural classes: Spain, Madrid, Pablo Picasso
- In town: special places and giving directions.
SPANISH CAMP 4 – 2 Week Curriculum
Same as Spanish 2 – 1 week curriculum with lessons divided into shorter segments.
Students meet for a total of 10 days for two hours per day.